Technical Credit Hire Handler.
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Credit Hire Handler for a firm based in Southport.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be responsible for the recovery of monies from third party insurers with a view to ensuring that all clients claims are professionally and swiftly dealt with, whilst at all times enhancing business processes and achieving business objectives.
The role of the Technical Credit Hire Handler will be pivotal to the success of the Company. The job demands strong organizational, relationship building and negotiation skills. The position will also require a determination to succeed and the building of strong relationships with Insurers and other team members.
- To recover our Client’s uninsured losses such as Hire & Repair costs, Pre Accident Vehicle Value, Recovery & Storage, Loss of Earnings etc.
- Make recovery of Plantec’s loss of profit claims.
- Negotiate with both GTA & Non GTA Insurers.
- Assess case’s for prospects of success at Litigation.
- Assess complex files i.e. Liability, High Value etc for prospects of success.
- Spot Insurer, handling agent and defendant solicitors Trends / Tactics to assist the full recoverability of the claims.
- Escalate where necessary any Insurer issues to the Insurer Relations Manager.
- Ensure our collective target’s are attained, specifically the reduction of our Aged Debt
- Constantly initiate and evaluate opportunities to enhance performance across all areas of the recovery operation.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by Management.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Understand and embrace the concept of ‘empowerment’ and be willing to make decisions without referral that fall within agreed parameters
- Agree any change to processes that enhances performance
JOB CHALLENGES & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Managing ever-changing priorities
- Reducing the Companies Aged Debt
- Developing a culture of ownership and quality
- Always being aware of the ‘bigger picture’ and anticipating situations and potential problems
Internal – All levels of staff from MD to Administration staff regardless of Team
External – Sources, Clients, Insurers, Solicitors, Engineers
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Able to work in a target driven, challenging and fast paced environment. Whilst understanding the commercial needs of the business
- Excellent working knowledge of motor sector issues including Credit Hire Case Law.
- Experience with Liability, Fraud, Indemnity and Complex Issues.
- Team Player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and an analytical nature is desired.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritise your day.
- Sound judgment and technical knowledge, together with commercial awareness.
- The ability to use initiative at all times and make decisions when necessary.
- Experience of running an effective diary system.
- Be PC literate having a good knowledge of Microsoft.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]