We are currently recruiting for a Claims Handler for one of our clients National Companies based in Southport.
The claims team are normally the first point of contact for our clients, who typically are referrers from insurance brokers, auto-body shops, large fleets and on some occasions any private individual.
You are responsible for accepting new claims from them, when their clients or them have had a non-fault or fault road traffic accident.
- To arrange hire and repair services
- To manage own case load of files from first notification through to settlement
- To investigate claims with a view to validating client and third party evidence.
- To proactively manage insurance insurers to ensure client losses are recovered as quickly as possible
- To maximise claim potential by adhering to company policy and procedures
- To maintain accurate electronic and paper records
- To maintain an effective and accurate diary system
- To ensure clients are updated throughout the claims process and manage clients expectations accordingly.
- To manage clients complaints effectively in accordance with the company policy and procedure
Skills and Experience
- An understanding of the ABI GTA hire monitoring process desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness and confidence to use own initiative
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial awareness and insurance market knowledge
Holidays are 20 days pro rata with an extra day for every full year service up to 25 days. These will run from January to December.
Hours of work are between 08.00am to 7pm Monday to Friday on a shift rota basis.
You will also be required to work 1 in every 4 Saturday’s 09.00am to 5.00pm.
37.5 hours per week