PI Claims Handler
We are recruiting for a PI Claims Handler for a Liverpool based legal firm.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
This role requires:
- Minimum of two years PI claims handling experience within an insurer or legal environment in either motor/EL/PL disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage a high work load of both PI and Non PI claims/Incidents
- Good IT skills are essential.
Key responsibilities for the role of the PI Claims Handler are split into four distinct areas:-
- Act as client point of contact.
- Report successes/defeats.
- Establish effective rapport with client.
- Attend regular depot/Op-Co meetings.
- Identify and improve areas of potential weakness
Case Handling –
- Avoidance of unnecessary litigation.
- Completion of 90 day review within 5 days of allocation.
- Report all incidents involving vulnerable parties and of a potentially serious/costly nature as detailed in the (TPG).
- Reserve in accordance with the (TPG)
IRF / Post action –
- IRF – review and update within 48 hours of allocation
- All letters / e-mails to be dealt with in line with CPR or MOJ guidelines, whichever is appropriate.
- Letters where financial impact – within 5 days
- All other post – within 10 days
- Summons – within 24 hours
- Reserves to be allocated on “most likely outcome” at all times
- All system information to be input & updated as required.
- Proactive use of Figtree notes / letters and diary system.
- Maintain and report where appropriate accurate unit data
- Report accurate weekly incoming and outstanding postal figures
- Report outstanding diary events
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]