We are currently looking for a Legal Administrator for a solicitors firm on the Wirral.
- To be the first point of contact for all new clients enquiries and to capture client business through effective communication and understanding of the practice area;
- To deal effectively with e-mail enquiries or instructions from clients and third parties;
- To respect confidentiality at all times;
- To endeavour to improve knowledge and skills where appropriate;
- To maintain up-to-date filing systems to allow fee earners to find and use documents easily and efficiently and also assist generally with document management;
- To provide general assistance in the completion of yearly income tax checklists and ensuring the filing of income tax returns within appropriate deadlines and timescales.
- To update and maintain central department databases and spreadsheets in relation to clients and general file management;
- To actively check on a daily basis that external invoices are paid electronically and to provide assistance with NatWest Bankline requirements to include weekly checks in respect of the deputy account balances and notifying fee earners of any concerns;
- To provide general assistance to the Head of Department/Team Head on his/her cases by carrying out research, drafting documentation, liaising with clients and third parties.
- To assist clients on the telephone and give appropriate advice. Or alternately, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages for fee earners in line with the firm’s guidance on telephone and voicemail;
- To produce accurate and well-presented documents in line with the firm’s house style from digital dictation and manuscript;
- To contribute towards the effective management of risk by carrying out regular risk assessments on all matters and contribute to efficient file management;
- To organise, minute and actively participate in departmental meetings;
- To collect or delivery stationery, faxes, post, deliveries, cheques etc. where necessary, to facilitate the efficient running of the office;
- To understand and use the firm’s technology effectively, and to participate in appropriate training to develop skills further or to adopt new systems;
- To charge the rate defined by the Management Board/Head of Department/Court for services;
- To actively promote the firm and all its services in order to attract new business;
- To disclose any claims and complaints or potential complaints promptly.
- To ensure that the firm’s policies and procedures and those laid out by regulatory bodies such as the Solicitors Regulation Authority are complied with fully at all times;
- To nurture and maintain excellent relationship with existing clients in order to maintain and develop work;
- To ensure that all work undertaken is appropriate to workload and level of knowledge and experience. informing the Head of Department/Team Head of any concerns and referring work which can be carried out more effectively or efficiently by another member of the team;
- To actively assist other members of the department where appropriate, notably in providing cover for holidays etc.
- To arrange meetings, assist the Head of Department/Team Heads and fee earners prepare for meetings and make any necessary travel arrangements;
The above duties are expected of all Team Administrators. Those with more experience will also be required to provide assistance and supervise trainee staff.
- Ability to work on own initiative routinely;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent time management;
- Trustworthiness and reliability;
- First rate interpersonal skills.
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Good analytical skills
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]