ACS are recruiting for a Defendant Cost Negotiator for an established firm on Merseyside.
The position will involve working alongside the firms Defendant Department – reviewing and negotiating Claimants costs, predominantly RTA. Negotiating on bills and schedules served, preparing points of dispute, liaising with both internal and external Draftsman, and an element of administration work.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to,
- Manage a caseload of RTA costs Defence cases.
- Ensure that the quality of work produced is to the highest standard.
- Handling MOJ conduct matters and areas of dispute against Claimant solicitors & cost draftsman.
- Preparing any relevant Points of Dispute
- Dealing with Detailed Assessment proceedings
- Dealing with third party solicitors and insurers on a day to day basis over the phone, email and letter.
- Reviewing cost schedules/bills with a view to negotiating Claimants costs and settling costs files
- Negotiating settlement of costs for defendant cost matters to protect the interests of our insurer client.
- Maintaining the highest client care standards.
- Administrative duties within the department.
- Arranging and preparing Bills for work done to the insurers, once costs have been agreed.
- A working knowledge of claims and the costs process
- Must be used to dealing with cases requiring a prompt turnaround.
- Good commercial awareness and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Good IT skills, including excel and experience of using a case management system preferable but not essential.
The ideal candidate must be willing to put the time and effort in as they will have their own case load. All relevant training will be provided.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]