Cost Team Manager
Our client is looking to recruit a Team Manager for the Cost Department for their firm on Merseyside.
- To manage the staff and the performance of the Costs Department.
- To manage and monitor SLAs and ensure that all SLA criteria are met.
- To provide the external costs draftsmen with instructions on offers and/or any other instructions/ assistance that they may need as and when required.
- To provide technical support as and when needed to the Costs Department, Claimant department and Defendant department.
- To research areas of law as and when necessary and provide guidance and advice to the Costs Department, Claimant department and Defendant department.
- To provide training on matters relating to Costs as and when required to the Costs Department, Claimant department and Defendant department.
- To provide and manage MI and provide MI to the insurance clients and/or the Head of Technical/ Management Team as and when requested
- To manage and monitor the performance of the external costs draftsmen ensuring that all bills are prepared, received and returned in a timely manner
- To provide support and guidance in ensuring an efficient and process driven department
- To be able to motivate, lead and manage team performance ensuring , with a key focus on maximising costs per file, maximising fee income and contributing to the general success of the business.
- Manage team performance in line with business and team objectives, be accountable for their financial performance and delivery against the agreed KPIs.
- Conduct monthly, documented 1-2-1 meetings, and quarterly reviews for all team members.
- To provide effective people management to the costs team and drive the right behaviours.
- To ensure that the teams are achieving the right outcome for clients and optimising savings.
- To ensure that SLA are complied with
- To manage resourcing and workloads across the Costs department.
- To ensure understanding and compliance with internal SLAs, policies and procedures.
- To review best practice across the Costs team, and implement any changes as and when needed.
- To provide full supervisory support and guidance on technical issues involving costs negotiation and litigation.
- To ensure any IT developments are appropriately implemented
- To provide training across the firm as and when needed.
- Ensure the teams deliver an excellent level of customer service, are managing the clients’ expectations and proactively progressing claims.
- Managing the risk across the Department including completion of Supervisor entries, producing and monitoring relevant reports such as Not Worked on (NWOs) etc.
- To highlight any potential risks to senior management and the Compliance department.
- To review and analyse MI and provide reports as and when necessary.
- Identify and provide and training needs across the department
- Keep up to date with all industry changes including case law, legislation and other matters of relevance.
- Liaise with Senior Management and HR regarding any staff issues.
- Handle complaints in accordance with the firm’s internal Complaints Procedure.
- To undertake any other tasks as deemed relevant and reasonable by the business.
- Ensuring all SLAs are complied with
- Fee Income and profit costs
- Time recording
- Average case turnaround times
Successful candidate must be a Qualified Solicitor, Member/Fellow of CILEX or an experienced Cost Lawyer/draftsman with at least 5 years’ case handling experience in the costs industry.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]