Our clients is looking to recruit a Solicitor for the Housing department of their firm in Cheshire.
Duties will include,
- Attending and advising clients in all areas of Housing law and representing client in court when necessary
- Responding to post, telephone enquiries and queries from clients, other professionals/experts and colleagues in order to progress cases effectively and efficiently
- Ensuring that all funding options for a case are fully researched and the most effective method of funding utilised.
- Drafting and preparing documents
- Managing a case load including a full risk assessment of all matters
- Provide legal services to clients whilst maintaining standards associated with the Law Society and SRA rules, Lexcel quality/practice management standards, Legal aid franchising requirements and worktype/office procedures.
- Control and management of work in progress ensuring that it is recorded and converted to paid profit costs
- Effective management of own time, ensuring that non chargeable and chargeable hours targets are met
- Ensuring that disbursements and debtors in the case load are managed in order to reduce the financial exposure of the Firm.
- Compliance with Client Care and Complaints Procedures in order to minimize the risk of negligence and comply with Law Society Rules.
- Report any potential errors/negligence matters to the work type managing partner as soon as the risk is apparent.
- Delegate effectively and efficiently, ensuring that work on the file is carried out at the right level, thus maximizing profitability and assisting in the development of other staff.
- Actively seek opportunities to cross refer work within the Firm and to carry out cross referrals at the earliest possible time.
- Undertake the above in accordance with the Firm’s Equality and Diversity policy
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]