Commercial Property Solicitor
We are currently looking for a Commercial Property and Conveyancing Solicitor for an established firm on Merseyside.
The role will include a caseload of commercial property files, sale, purchase and re-mortgage files utilising a case management system.
The role includes the following:
- To provide accurate commercial property law and residential property advice to clients.
- Energy related experience would also be an advantage.
- To managing a caseload of freehold, leasehold, registered and unregistered titles.
- To assist with the development of the firm’s commercial property law expertise.
- To contribute to the development of precedents utilising a Case Management system.
- To assist with the supervision of colleagues and support staff in their development and training.
- Networking within the business community and gain key referral sources in order to develop commercial work.
- To manage a caseload of Commercial Property files alongside some Residential files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Experience of matters including landlord and tenant, commercial leases, commercial and residential development, investment, corporate support.
- Participating in the development of the firm’s online presence for Commercial Property.
- Contributing ideas to the firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives.
- To take responsibility for personal and professional development.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work commensurate with the role.
- To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, the attributes required are:
- At least 4 years PQE (or equivalent) gained in a Commercial Property/Residential Conveyancing Department.
- Ability to form good relationships with clients and colleagues and to work as part of an effective team.
- Good IT skills including the ability to utilise a case management system.
- The need for attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced department.
- To maintain high standards in the processing of client work.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to provide high quality advice to clients from all sectors across a broad range of issues.
- Commercial attitude with the ability to achieve agreed financial targets, both in respect of fees and the recording of chargeable and non-chargeable time.
- Well organised, with a clear and professional telephone manner.
- Well presented, punctual, confident, and self-motivated.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- The role will also involve business development and you will need the desire to play an active part in the marketing and development of the firm.
- Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
- Where appropriate to contribute towards training and know-how of others in the team and department.
- You must be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to developing your career as a commercial property specialist.
- To undertake any specified responsibility as delegated by the Head of Department/Partners.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]