We are currently looking for a full time Employment Legal Clerk to work with the Head of Department at our clients Southport based office.
The successful candidate will be assisting to develop the Department and helping to win further business. We are looking for a confident and experienced Legal Clerk with strong administration and communication skills.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, the attributes required are:
- Employment law experience.
- Good telephone manner and ability to take detailed information from new client enquires in a timely manner.
- Potential to provide high quality advice to clients from all sectors across a broad range of issues.
- Experience in dealing with clients at a high level and a proven ability to market successfully their expertise.
- Experience in carrying out legal research and presenting it to assist the Head of Department with case assessment and preparation.
- Ability to form good relationships with clients and colleagues and to work as part of an effective team.
- Good IT skills including the ability to utilise a case management system and amend/modify the case management system.
- Excellent administration skills and excellent attention to detail with a desire and willingness to get involved at all levels of running and developing a growing Department.
- Commercial attitude with the ability to practice good financial management of files and caseload.
- Where appropriate to contribute towards training and know-how of others in the team.
- Contributing ideas to the firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives.
- To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Well organised, with a clear and professional manner.
- Well presented, punctual, confident, and self-motivated.
- The role will involve business development and you will need the desire to play an active part in the marketing and development of the firm.
- Networking within the business community and gain key referral sources in order to develop work.
- Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
Desirable aspects are:
- Marketing and networking experience.
- Business development experience.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]