An experienced Conveyancing Assistant who uses their initiative and thrives within our busy and fast-paced Conveyancing Department, has excellent communication skills, a sound knowledge of the conveyancing process.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Prepare accurate correspondence and standard documents.
- Responsible for own caseload.
- Assisting Conveyancing Case Handlers in day to day progression of sale and purchase transactions
- Provides administrative support to other Solicitors in the Private Client Business Team to enable the team to operate at optimum efficiency.
- Attending to completion statements.
- Conducting searches.
- Undertakes general administration duties with tasks being allocated by the Fee Earners, using a high degree of self-management and initiative.
- Deals with clients both in person and on the telephone and provides such support in a professional and friendly manner.
- Ensures the confidentiality of all firm and client’s documentation and information.
- Search reports
- Mortgage reports
- Search requests
- Setting up files for completion
- Post completion
- General Administration
- Familiarity with the use of general office equipment, and in particular experience of word processing.
- Dealing with routine incoming post/emails.
- Uses office equipment, i.e. photocopier, fax etc. competently.
- A sound general education with a good working knowledge of English.
- A pleasant and positive manner in dealing with colleagues.
- Proficient in use of computers and IT.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- The production of accurate finished work on time.
- The preservation of client confidentiality.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dealing with clients, other firms of solicitors and businesses helpfully and efficiently both in person and on the telephone, taking messages and informing the file holder as such.
- Ensuring compliance with the procedures as documented in the firm’s staff handbook.
- To comply with any task relating to the efficient operation of the practice upon the instructions of the file holder or principal.
- To maintain the file holder’s office is in a tidy and professional manner at all times.
- To maintain professional standards at all times.
- To have responsibility for own Health & Safety and that of others.
- To have the ability to prioritise work/time management.
- To have the ability to work as a member of a team.
- To be polite and professional to all other members of staff at all times.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]