We are currently recruiting for a Bodily Injury Claims Handler for our clients firm on Merseyside.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To work actively and effectively in order to process accident claims involving personal injury as part of the company’s claims management procedures.
- Complete regular updates to clients regarding the progress of their claim
- Working within and achieve service level agreements for individual Departments and Business Referrers.
- To manage workload effectively
- To achieve and maintain company service standards
- To achieve and maintain individual, team and departmental targets
- Thoroughly investigate each claim to ensure accuracy of information and verification of facts in order to establish liability.
- Identify potential fraudulent cases and liaising with the relevant parties to combat fraud.
- Pro-actively manage Third Party claims to ensure MOJ dropout is kept to a minimum.
- Negotiating between the policy holder and third party solicitors to achieve the best outcome for our client.
- Pro-actively manage Third Party claims and identify intervention opportunities.
- Maintain accurate claims reserve for both policy holder and third party files.
- Assessing medical reports and negotiate the value of the personal injury with Solicitors to achieve the best settlement for the client.
- Produce ABI payment packs with accuracy and submit to the third party insurers for recovery.
- Adhere to regulatory timescales and guidelines
- To liaise professionally with all relevant parties such as repairing garages and third party insurers, in order to progress the vehicle hire claim.
- To gather and verify as correct, all documentation from the client/repairing garage/engineer and establish factual information regarding the client’s claim.
- Gather all relevant information to present to third party insurers in order to achieve successful recovery of outlay.
- A high level of organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to build rapport and establish relationships
- Previous customer service experience
- Capable of gathering, organising and managing information
- Ability to multi-task & deal with several actions/ cases simultaneously
- Ability to assimilate and apply new skills when required
- Responsive to change
- Be eager to learn showing a positive, proactive, can do approach to work
- Must be a Driver or currently learning to drive
- Bodily Injury experience is preferred for this role
- An understanding of the RTA claims processes useful but not essential
- RTA/ABI knowledge useful but not essential
- Experience and knowledge of dealing with personal injury files at Stage 1 & 2 is preferred
- Working within a Motor Claims /Credit Hire environment is desirable yet not essential.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]