We are recruiting for a Legal Assistant to provide legal and administrative support at our clients firm in Liverpool.
Duties will include,
- Assisting with the day to day running of client files
- Dealing with outgoing post as required
- Attending Court hearings on behalf of clients
- Drafting Court papers
- Liaising with clients and witnesses and preparing statements
- Liaising and corresponding with parties involved in the claim management process as required
- Maintaining administration of the Partnership’s Office Account in accordance with Law Society regulations to include input of Office expenses and receipts, petty cash, payment of invoices, use of the Partnership’s online bank account including implementation of standing orders, direct debits and other forms of payment.
- Assisting with IT related issues and liaising with IT suppliers and contractors as required
- Maintaining a Partnership archiving system including the closure of cases on the database
- Providing additional cover for scanning incoming post as required
- Providing additional cover for the input of new claims onto the Partnership’s computer system and processing of associated correspondence, to be dealt with on the day of receipt of each new claim
- Any other duties relevant to the role as determined by the Partnership
- Maintaining the Partnership’s database
- Chasing insurance company offers of compensation and maintaining an effective and proactive diary system to assist with the chasing process
- Maintaining administration of the Partnership’s Client Account in accordance with Law Society regulations to include input of Client expenses and receipts on the Partnership’s computer system, payment of invoices, and payment to clients where necessary
Successful candidate must be a law graduate.
Urdu/Punjabi speaking would be an advantage.
Full time permanent position.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]