We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant for a solicitors firm in Liverpool.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- Posting office and client receipts to accounts system
- Preparing and executing CHAPS and BACS receipts and payments
- Entering card payments onto the system
- Dealing with internal and external enquires
- Ensuring compliance at all times with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules
- Filing all transaction paperwork promptly
- Checking and posting invoices/bills
- Transferring money between company bank accounts
- Entering write-offs on the system following authorisation by a director
- Assisting with preparation for Solicitors Accounts Rules (SAR) audits, Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) audits and other quality audits as required
- Checking completion statements
- Obtaining billing guides for fee earners when requested
- Following procedures outlined in the office manual
- Alerting the IT co-ordinator to network problems
- Co-operating with all other relevant personnel/departments as necessary
- Attending any training or development activity as reasonably requested by the directors
- Dealing with weekly bank reconciliations
- Writing cheques
- Preparing monthly reports for directors as and when required
- Ensuring compliance with anti-money laundering procedures and reporting any issues of concern to the money laundering reporting officer
- Ensuring that all client money and cheques are banked promptly
- Undertaking such other tasks as the directors and fee earners may reasonably require
Experience and qualifications
- A minimum of 1 year’s accounts experience, preferably obtained in a solicitor’s office.
- Experience of using legal accounting software, bank electronic payment software and BACS payment software is essential.
- GCSE maths and English at grade C or above preferred.
- Must be a self starter, able to work to a daily routine and prioritise additional tasks received.
- Good organisational skills.
- A good working knowledge of the Solicitors Account Rules – essential.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Competence in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Confident, articulate and adept in obtaining (and where necessary challenging) information on own initiative in order to progress processing, meet targets and ensure compliance with the firm’s procedures and the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]