Technical Credit Hire Handler
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Credit Hire Handler for a legal firm in Cheshire.
Ideally we want the candidate to have motor insurance claims or legal claims handling background, preferably with credit hire experience, at least a couple of years in the industry, managing own case load. The ability to be pro-active and be able to progress a claim and reach a quick and satisfactory settlement.
- Assess cases for prospects of success at Litigation.
- Assess complex files i.e. Liability, High Value etc. for prospects of success.
- Spot Insurer, handling agent and defendant solicitors Trends / Tactics to assist the full recoverability of the claims.
- To recover our Client’s uninsured losses such as Hire & Repair costs, Pre Accident Vehicle Value, Recovery & Storage, Loss of Earnings etc.
- Make recovery of Sovereigns loss of profit claims.
- Negotiate with both GTA & Non GTA Insurers.
- Escalate where necessary any Insurer issues.
- Ensure our collective targets are attained, specifically the reduction of our Aged Debt
- Constantly initiate and evaluate opportunities to enhance performance across all areas of the recovery operation.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by Management.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Able to work in a target driven, challenging and fast paced environment.Whilst understanding the commercial needs of the business
- Ability to organise and prioritise your day.
- Sound judgment and technical knowledge, together with commercial awareness.
- The ability to use initiative at all times and make decisions when necessary
- Experience of running an effective diary system.
- Excellent working knowledge of motor sector issues including Credit Hire Case Law.
- Experience with Liability, Fraud, Indemnity and Complex Issues.
- Team Player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and an analytical nature is desired.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Be PC literate having a good knowledge of Microsoft.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]