Solicitor – Dispute Resolution
We are currently recruiting for a Solicitor to join the Dispute Resolution team of a law firm on Merseyside.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, the attributes required are:
- 2-3 years experience as a Dispute Resolution/Civil Litigation/Commercial Solicitor.
- To be a strong litigator who will have extensive experience of the White Book/CPR.
- Ability to provide high quality advice to clients from all sectors across a broad range of issues.
- Ability to form good relationships with clients and colleagues and to work as part of an effective team.
- Good IT skills including the ability to utilise a case management system.
- Commercial attitude with ability to practice good financial management of files and caseload.
- Experience in drafting particulars of claim, general civil applications, preaction disclosure, witness statements.
- Experience of running a caseload with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- The role will also involve business development and you will need the desire to play an active part in the marketing and development of the firm.
- To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities.
- Well organised, with a clear and professional telephone manner.
- Well presented, punctual, confident, and self-motivated.
- Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Networking within the business community and gain key referral sources in order to develop a high profile for civil/commercial work.
- Contributing ideas to the firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives.
Desirable aspects are:
- Marketing and networking experience.
- Business development experience.
- A small client following would be an advantage.
The role will cover the following areas:
- General civil matters.
- General commercial matters.
- Commercial/Civil agreements.
- Boundary and Property disputes.
- Contractual disputes.
- Debt recovery.
- Information and communication technology.
- Estate and Contentious Probate Disputes.
Particular interest in the following areas would be an advantage:
- Landlord and Tenant matters.
- Defamation and Media Law
Full time permanent role.
Salary dependent on experience.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]