IT Service Desk Analyst
We are currently recruiting for an IT Service Desk Analyst for a law firm in Manchester.
- Support Desk Administration (to include Procedure Development)
- IT Technical Support
- Server, PC & Network
- User Applications
- Routine Computer Operations
- Backup & Recovery Routines
- Routine Software Installation
- End User Security Administration
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- Following agreed procedures, receive and register requests for assistance from users in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Ensure that all new starters (or users) are given access to the appropriate specified resources and that all leavers accesses are promptly removed and Human Resources notified accordingly.
- Provides new users with demonstrations, routine advice and guidance on the features, operational requirements, integration and portability of systems, products and services supported.
- Maintains accurate log entries of contact with resolution details and follow-up information.
- By adherence to escalation procedures, promptly allocates unresolved issues as appropriate.
- Maintains the log and advises users of actions taken.
- Carries out routine monitoring, logging and reporting tasks, taking defined action on simple problems.
- Reports unforeseen or exceptional events to the IT Support Services Manager.
- Carries out and observes all associated administrative and clerical procedures.
- Conducts tests of the hardware and/or software affected using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools.
- Documents results in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Carries out routine operations, as agreed with IT Services manager, that control data processing, peripherals, and communications and networking equipment, including start-up, simple re-configuration, shutdown and normal re-start procedures.
- Using standard procedures and tools, carry out defined backup of data, together with any required restoring of such data.
- Provides an effective interface between users and service providers, including documenting problems and progress checking.
- Following agreed procedures, responds to requests for assistance by providing information to enable callers to solve their problems.
- Contributes, as required, to investigations of problems and faults concerning the installation of hardware and/or software.
- Carries out routine configuration/installation and reconfiguration of hardware and software using supplied installation instructions and tools; follows agreed standards and all relevant instructions and procedures relating to malfunction, safety and security. To include routine upgrades as specified by IT Support Services Manager.
- Liase with other IT Team members to ensure that procedures are developed and utilised to control the provision of resources to users.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]