My client is looking for a Solicitor to join their Real Estate team in Manchester.
An expanding client list and increasing volumes of work mean that new team members are needed to play an essential, valued role in delivering the time-critical, high quality service expected by our clients.
The role will include:
- Acting as first and primary contact for clients on a day to day basis providing them with commercially focused legal advice.
- Adhering closely to client protocol and process.
- Making an appropriate contribution to non fee-earning activity e.g. knowledge sharing, training, client seminars, and business development.
- Complying with the required standards for internal procedures e.g. financial management of files, billing regimes etc as well as the specific requirements of individual clients.
- Handling confidential information in line with the firm’s data security protocols.
Successful candidates will be enthusiastic and dedicated, have a strong work ethic and be keen to seize the opportunity to progress their legal career by developing their technical skills and commercial awareness in a friendly, collaborative environment. Key skills include:
- A Solicitor with experience in Real Estate typically to have been gained in negotiating leases and agreements for lease for landlords and/or tenants as well as dealing with applications for consent to assign, deeds of variation, lease renewals, surrenders, licences to alter and underleases.
- Ability to deliver against client protocols and KPIs.
- Strong technical skills and an ability to understand and work through complex issues.
- A demonstrable ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues and to be highly client focused.
- Ability to operate with a high level of self sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- Team oriented and collegiate.
- Some exposure to and success within business development activities.
- Confident communicator with an ability to develop relationships internally, as well as being able to undertake client marketing and influence at all levels. Ability to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, building up strong relationships.
- Strong organisation skills to ensure a pragmatic and methodical approach to handling a variety of Real Estate matters simultaneously, through an IT case management system.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Able to handle a complex and constantly changing workload and to work under pressure.
- Detail conscious with a concern for quality
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]