Personal Injury Fee Earner
Our client is currently recruiting for a Personal Injury Fee Earner for their law firm in Chester.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities,
- You will take responsibility of your own litigated and pre-litigated files from start to completion.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team with the passion and desire to contribute effectively to this vibrant and dynamic practice that offers excellent career progression opportunities.
- Manage client’s expectations in relation to settlement of their case
- You will use Case Management system and will liaise with clients, insurers, expert witnesses and solicitors.
- You will be Instructing experts and preparing court bundles
- Comply with CPD or other training requirements.
- Carry out such additional administrative duties as required by the Practice Director.
- Handling files by way of obtaining medical reports, liaising with clients, disclosing reports and attempting to reach settlement or issuing cases in line with company expectations. Attending/conducting hearings as necessary, including stage 3 final hearings.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a team with the passion and desire to contribute effectively to this vibrant and dynamic practice that offers excellent career progression opportunities. .
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all client documentation and information.
- To maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care.
- To encourage and promote the image and ethos of the practice
- To maintain good professional working relationships both internally and externally.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications required for job,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task & deal with several actions/ cases simultaneously.
- Ability to assimilate and apply new skills when required.
- Team working and working to tight deadlines.
- Be eager to learn showing a positive, proactive, can do approach.
- Must be a Driver or currently learning to drive.
- You will have experience within Motor Claims, Personal Injury and MOJ Portal at Stages 2 & 3, or have recently graduated with a Law Degree.
- You will be fully confident managing litigated files, a proactive negotiator and be able to hit the ground running from day one.
- Able to build rapport and establish relationships.
- Capable of gathering, organising and managing information.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]