Head of Conveyancing
We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Conveyancing for a law firm on Merseyside.
The role will include the daily management of a team of fee earners and support staff alongside handling a caseload of sale, purchase and re-mortgage files utilising a case management system.
The suitable candidate will be managing the progression of cases from inception to completion, liaising with clients, referrers and estate agents. They will have experience in both leadership and management and a track record of winning business with agents, brokers and lenders alongside experience of fee earning in cases from inception to completion, liaising with clients, referrers and estate agents.
The ability to undertake business planning, financial planning and work at a strategic level are key.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity, the attributes required are:
- Residential conveyancing experience, either working as a Solicitor/Legal Executive managing own caseload of freehold, leasehold, registered and unregistered titles with minimum supervision.
- Ability to form good relationships with clients and colleagues and to work as part of an effective team.
- Good IT skills including the ability to utilise a case management system and amend/modify the case management system
- The need for attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced department.
- To maintain high standards in the processing of client work.
- Commercial attitude with the ability to achieve agreed financial targets, both in respect of fees and the recording of chargeable and non chargeable time.
- The role will also involve business development and you will need the desire to play an active part in the marketing and development of the firm.
- Well organised, with a clear and professional manner.
- Well presented, punctual, confident, and self-motivated.
- Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
- Where appropriate to contribute towards training and know-how of others in the team and department.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to provide high quality advice to clients from all sectors across a broad range of issues.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]