We are currently recruiting for a Paralegal to join the professional risk department of our clients firm on Merseyside.
Brief Job Description
- The role is to work with partners and solicitors handling the defence of professional indemnity claims.
- Communication with other parties, experts, Insurers, Insureds, and brokers, including by telephone, e-mail and letter, and on occasion, in person.
- Draft responses to claims, including analysis of breach of duty, causation, and quantum.
- Identify potential policy issues.
- Develop effective and efficient claim resolution strategies.
- Draft instructions to experts and/or Counsel.
- Prepare chronologies.
- The tasks will include reviewing documents; preparing chronologies; instructing experts and counsel; drafting synopses of claims; and preparing draft reports and up-dates to insurers on behalf of colleagues.
- Carry out legal research; maintain management information.
- Assist as required in business development, including in the organisation of client entertainment, seminars/articles/e-shots and other marketing events
- Be able to develop and sustain good working relationships with external contacts and internal colleagues.
- Be able to effectively analyse client needs and develop cost effective solutions.
- Be able to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure deadlines are adhered to.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines as required.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, including questioning and listening.
- Possess good IT knowledge and skills.
- Be able to apply own judgment and experience when making decisions and/or providing advice to clients.
- Be able to construct effective and concise written communications, including letters, e-mails and reports.
- Be willing to develop excellent technical knowledge, including keeping up to date with changes in regulation and legislation.
- Be able to demonstrate effective file and diary management.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]