Locum Solicitor – Childcare
An opportunity has arisen for a Locum Solicitor/Lawyer (3 PQE preferred) to join a Childcare Legal Team for a 3 month FTC in Liverpool.
The role requires a qualified solicitor/lawyer who will be accountable to the Head of Childcare and Principal Solicitor, Childcare.
The successful candidate will be expected to hold a caseload of childcare / adoption matters and undertake their own advocacy as required. They will be accountable for ensuring the efficient progress of childcare and related court proceedings and ensure compliance with court directions etc.
The job holder will carry out legal work and give legal advice at a level consistent with the career grade structure primarily in the following areas :-
- Childcare and Immigration.
To the extent required within these work areas, in accordance with departmental procedures,
- Give legal advice to client services in writing and orally.
- Conduct correspondence with clients and other parties.
- Follow client care procedures.
- Attend meetings and conferences.
- Instruct Counsel where necessary.
- Have the conduct of individual cases and matters.
- Take instructions from clients and agree case plans.
- Issue and serve notices under statute and court rules.
- Prepare and agree legal documents.
- Follow case closure procedures including reports to clients.
- Prepare cases for courts and tribunals including advising on evidence.
- Prepare and maintain file and computer records.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]