Head of Finance
ACS are currently recruiting for a Head of Finance for a law firm in Merseyside.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A strong academic background and the holder of a recognised accountancy qualification, such as ACA, CIMA, ACCA with a minimum of two years post qualification experience.
- Excellent ICT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel – knowledge of Proclaim Accounts and reports would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to discuss financial matters with non-financial managers
- Excellent attention to detail
- A proven ability to maintain and improve the control environment of financial systems, procedures and processes
- Good communication skills
- Ensuring that the Finance and Accounts and Funding team provide the company with accurate, relevant financial information to assist planning and delivery of all our activities
- Managing cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Supervising and managing staff including accountants and finance assistants. Encouraging their progression with professional exams
- Managing the successful delivery of a key project to control disbursement expenditure liaising with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Suggesting updates and improvements for accounting systems including payroll.
- Creating reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts
- Controlling the twice yearly budgetary process
- Collaborating with our auditors to ensure proper compliance with all regulations including Solicitors Account Rules requirements.
- Developing budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Establishing, implementing and improving financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
Acs Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency based in Liverpool that offers a professional service to its clients and candidates nationally. Established in 1983 ACS were Liverpool’s First independent Recruitment agency and has long been a trusted and well respected agency throughout the North West.
Acs’s main focus is the legal profession and we are experts in this field. Currently we hold a strong presence within the legal sector covering Merseyside, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham down to London. We are well known for our high standards and providing quality service to clients and candidates.
We put our success and longevity down to the whole team putting quality and service above all else. Our friendly consultants offer an exceptional legal recruitment service which has resulted in trust, recognition and an excellent reputation.
Our primary goal is to continue to build healthy long standing relationships with candidates and clients. Many of our first client relationships are still in place from our inception, we think is a testament to our success.
Nothing gives us greater pleasure in watching our candidate’s careers flourish and our clients thrive as a result of our hard work.
Acs’s primary goal is to continue building strong and healthy relationships with legal firms and maintain our strong presence nationally.