High Value Handler
A High Value Handler is wanted for a Cheshire based legal firm.
The role of the High Value Handler will be pivotal to the success of HV claims with the job demanding strong organizational, relationship building and negotiation skills.
The position will also require a determination to succeed and the building of strong relationships with different parties externally and other team members internally.
- Assess complex issues inherent in HV claims including liability, impecuniosity, intervention, taxi licensing and Basic Hire Rates (BHR).
- Spot Insurer Trends / Tactics to assist the full recoverability of the claims.
- Ensure our collective target’s are attained.
- Constantly initiate and evaluate opportunities to enhance performance across all areas of HV On Hire.
- To liaise with insurers, solicitors, repairers, engineers, investigators and where necessary, clients whilst they are in hire.
- Assist with correct monitoring and evidence HV claims in preparation of invoicing in line with both the GTA and the wider position of Credit Hire in common law.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by Management.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in dealing successfully with Liability, Taxi Licensing Authorities, Impecuniosity, BHR, Fraud, Indemnity and complex issues.
- Be a Team Player.
- Experience of dealing with an array of interested parties on Credit Hire claims.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Attention to detail and an analytical nature is desired.
- Able to work in a target driven, challenging and fast paced environment, whilst understanding the commercial needs of the business.
- Excellent working knowledge of motor sector issues including the ABI GTA and Credit Hire Case Law.
- Ability to organize and prioritise a day’s work.
- Sound judgement and technical knowledge, together with commercial awareness.
- The ability to use initiative at all times and make decisions when necessary.
- Experience of running an effective diary system.
- Be PC literate having a good knowledge of Microsoft.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]