Head of Conveyancing/Commercial Property
We are looking to recruit a Head of Conveyancing and Commercial Property for our clients firm in Cheshire.
- Thirst for development of self and team
- Ambition for progression within the business based on achievement.
- High level Property legal skills are a given.
- Management of the team -strong management skills are key this is a role for a good man manager not a reporter of problems to the board.
- Strong external business development skills as well as cross selling skills within the firm.
- Development of our case systems for property will be key to our growth. The post holder must be unreservedly supporting and taking joint ownership of this project with the operations manager.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Imagination and ingenuity
Duties will include,
- To manage and develop the Conveyancing and Commercial Property Team to achieve profitable growth.
- Act as legal technical resource on all property legal technical issues within the team.
- Development of IT case systems within the team. Within 2 months of appointment all staff must be using the refined case system. Continual improvement and development of the system to be proactively managed.
- Man management of all staff issues within the team, holidays, sickness, complaints, working issues, appraisals regular 1 to 1’s.
- Ensuring that the team is compliant with all SRA, Firm policies, and any other policy or certification that is approved by the board.
- To ensure the team hit budget year on year.
- To ensure that the team record all of their time.
- Attendance at meetings with board members to answer for the performance of the team.
- To ensure that team members are trained and develop to meet their potential and job descriptions.
- To ensure that all conveyancing and commercial property matters are undertaken in the most cost effective and profitable manner.
- To provide excellent client care and ensure that all team members are monitored adequately to achieve this aim.
- To assist/lead in some instances, business development and marketing activities, tenders ,panel interviews etc as required, and to proactively spot all development opportunities
For more information on this role, contact [email protected]