First Response Advisor
First Response Advisor wanted for a law firm in Liverpool.
Are you an LPC Graduate, currently studying for your LPC or an individual with an extensive experience in RTA and/or in a customer service background, looking for a role within a firm dedicated to its customers and employees
We are looking for ambitious First Response Advisors who can demonstrate the following:
- At least 18 months experience in a customer service role.
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
- Good Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- The ability to manage own workload whilst keeping quality of work to a high standard.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- A Proclaim user with a good understanding of the system and good Microsoft skills
- Obtaining relevant information as to special damages
- Target driven whilst maintaining exceptional client care
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work within the team and are comfortable assisting more experienced Fee Earners
- Either a Graduate or close to completion of LPC is desirable.
With emphasis on client care and customer service, the role will require you to handle Road Traffic Accident Claims from a client’s first point of contact through to either admission or disputed liability from the Defendant’s Insurers. Your daily tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Whilst following guidelines set by the firm, taking detailed information from clients in relation to their claim, to enable you to assess and set up the claim or decline.
- Inputting client’s instructions and all other correspondence onto the Case Management System.
- Ensuring all required initial forms are completed and returned.
- Obtaining all necessary information needed from the client such as insurance details, accident circumstances and injury/ vehicle damage information.
- Managing incoming work to ensure adequate tracking and monitoring of own caseload.
- To complete and submit the Claim Notification Form to the Defendant Law Firm via email and post.
- Transferring cases to either the liability admitted or liability disputed departments.
- Arrange medical and rehabilitation appointments.
A salary of £14,000.00 is on offer with progression opportunities for the right person. The normal working hours will be Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm, with 2 late shifts where the working hours are 11.00am – 7.00pm.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]