ACS are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller for a solicitors firm on Merseyside.
Successful candidate must have the ability to draft monthly management information and finance reports for Partners.
Duties included but not limited to:
- Produce detailed monthly/yearly senior management reports.
- Produce and analyse P&L
- Trial Balance
- Balance sheets
- Ability to complete monthly payroll duties using SAGE including all aspects of the annual payroll return.
- Ability to monitor daily and projected cashflow forecast.
- Ability to assess all business costs and recommend appropriate savings.
- Experience of managing relationship with accountants and bank.
- Ability to work with department heads in relation to profit projection, cost projection and all other ancillary financial matters.
- Reconciliations on a monthly/quarterly/yearly basis
- Produce KPI’s
- Experience of the revision and implementation of credit control policies.
- The ability to provide training in relation to financial matters to department heads and fee earners.
- Ideally a good knowledge of the financial aspects of legal aid billing and LSC rules.
- Ideally experience with working with Norwel Accounts.
- A dynamic and committed approach.
- A robust approach to financial discipline.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to form good relationships with customers and colleagues and to work as part of an effective team.
- Experience of managing a finance team.
- A comprehensive understanding of cutting edge IT systems and the ways in which to maximise IT to increase efficiency within a finance team.
- Full knowledge of all compliance issues and responsibility for establishing process and practices to ensure compliance with Solicitors Account Rules.
- Well organised, with a clear and professional manner.
- Well presented, punctual, confident, and self-motivated.
- Flexible in your working approach with the ability to multi-task and prioritise workloads.
Full time permanent position.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]