COSTS DRAFTER – PRIVATE TEAM
We are currently looking for a Law Cost Drafter To assist in providing a costings service to the Firm, which enables departments to have their files properly finished and billed and those bills submitted to the relevant bodies for payment.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Prepares Costs Schedules for negotiation, Bills of Costs, schedules for Summary Assessment, schedules for Allocation and Listing Questionnaires, Points of Dispute and Points of Reply. Undertakes negotiations and provides advice to clients.
- Ensures the Client gets paid the maximum amount possible on every file
- Work closely with the Client to effect swift and accurate payment.
- Ensures that files are progressed and managed in accordance with the client’s service level requirements
- Carries out own typing ensuring accuracy and efficiency and provides general administrative support to the Costings department.
Essential: – Minimum qualifications – 5 G.C.S.E’s or equivalent at grade C, including Maths and English, (relevant work experience may be considered as an alternative)
- Experience of working as a costs drafter.
- Experience of drafting Civil Bills.
- Experience of adverse costs
- Experience of working in a solicitor’s office.
- Member of Association of Law Costs Draftsmen.
Knowledge and Skills
- Numeracy, literacy
- Good standard of I.T. literacy and keyboard skills
- Influencing skills
- Good communication skills both face to face and over the telephone.
- Organisational/time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working to deadlines
- Ability to work productively amidst frequent interruptions
For more information on this role, please email [email protected]