We are currently looking to recruit a Law Costs Drafter To assist in providing a costings service to the Firm, which enables departments to have their files properly finished and billed and those bills submitted to the relevant bodies for payment.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Provides support to departments in preparing claims for payment to LAA and private paying clients. Prepares Costs Schedules for negotiation, Solicitor Client Bills and Gross Sum Bills, schedules for Summary Assessment, schedules for Allocation and Listing Questionnaires. Prepares and deals with bills for detailed assessment both publicly funded and inter-parte.
- Ensures the Firm gets paid the maximum amount possible on every file
- Work closely with the fee earner to effect swift and accurate payment.
- Ensures that files are satisfactorily finished, disbursements paid and files closed according to procedures laid down in the department.
- Ensures that payments are allocated to the correct file/matter when funds are received.
- Carries out own typing ensuring accuracy and efficiency and provides general administrative support to the Costings department.
Essential: – Minimum qualifications – 5 G.C.S.E’s or equivalent at grade C, including Maths and English, (relevant work experience may be considered as an alternative)
- Experience of working as a costs drafter.
- Experience of drafting Civil Bills.
- Experience of working in a solicitor’s office.
- Member of Association of Law Costs Draftsmen.
- Knowledge of public funding costs.
- Experience of drafting LAA Bills, Claim 1’s, Claim 1A’s and Points of Reply
Knowledge and Skills
- Numeracy, literacy
- Good standard of I.T. literacy and keyboard skills
- Influencing skills
- Good communication skills both face to face and over the telephone.
- Organisational/time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working to deadlines
- Ability to work productively amidst frequent interruptions
For more information on this role, please email [email protected]