We are currently recruiting for a Cost Negotiator to join the Portal Cost team of our clients Liverpool based firm.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Understanding the predictive/portal and fixed cost regimes including what costs we are entitled to and at what stage
- Understanding and utilising different case law in disputes as and when necessary
- Progression to learning to draft and negotiate costs on a standard basis
- Drafting cost schedules for predictive/portal and fixed costs matters
- Chasing costs from the TPI/TPS
- Undertaking negotiations for disbursements and/or disputed profit costs
Skills, knowledge and experience required
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to present information simply and accurately, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work methodically to deal with a constant flow of work that requires a fast turnaround
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Ability to work on own initiative and potential to work without supervision
- Ability to plan/organise work for yourself
- Ability to assist other team members when required.
- Commitment to providing a high quality and speedy service to clients
Successful candidate should be someone with a strong law back ground in either Legal Assistant role or First Response role.
The portal costs team deal with fixed costs only, so any claims which have settled within the MOJ process.
We are not looking for draftsmen or that level.
Experience with proclaim is desired but not essential as this can be shown.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
<img class="alignnone size-medium wp-image-4351" src="http://www.acs-recruitment.co weight loss supplements.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/acs2-300×200.jpg” alt=”acs2″ width=”300″ height=”200″ srcset=”http://www.acs-recruitment.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/acs2-300×200.jpg 300w, http://www.acs-recruitment.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/acs2.jpg 803w” sizes=”(max-width: 300px) 100vw, 300px” />