ACS are recruiting for a Cost Draftsman on behalf our client to join their law firm in Liverpool City Centre.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- Understanding the standard and indemnity basis of costs. With knowledge of predictive/portal and fixed cost regimes including what costs we are entitled to and at what stage
- Drafting Estimate of Costs to accompany Listing Questionnaire
- Undertaking negotiations and providing “from cradle to grave” service
- Providing quality work on an efficient basis ensuring SLA’s are met
- Attaining and achieving set targets
- Understanding and utilising different case law in disputes as and when necessary
- Preparing Replies to Points of Dispute
- Drafting formal Bills of Costs, N252 and advice
- Understanding and utilising case management software and costs drafting software/programs
- Drafting cost schedules for Disposal/Trial
- Keeping up to date with costs law and changes
Skills, knowledge and experience required,
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise work
- Ability to work on own initiative and potential to work without supervision
- Ability to plan/organise work for yourself
- Ability to assist other team members when required.
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to present information simply and accurately, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work methodically to deal with a constant flow of work that requires a fast turnaround
- Legible handwriting
- Commitment to providing a high quality and speedy service to clients
- Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Computer literate
Successful candidate must have at least 3 year’s experience in a similar role.
Salary up to £27,000
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
We can appreciate how stressful and difficult it is to find a vacancy, but you can be sure that our consultants are doing the best to find the right vacancy for you. We try to help all levels of staff and strive to find your perfect role, temporary or permanent. With our experience and our relationships already in place with Clients already in place, we can find your next appointment.
Ideally we would like to meet you in person to understand and build a relationship with you, as we know that there is more than just matching your CV with the vacancy. We can learn and understand what you want, like or dislike and need in a vacancy.
Our consultants believe quality and service form the foundation of your success. We have skilled consultants able to assist you with advice on what to expect in your interview.