We are recruiting for a Conveyancing Assistant for a Liverpool based firm.
- Keeping matters organised by establishing and organising files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions and inputting information into case management software.
- Maintaining an accurate and effective electronic diary system for all legal work to include appointments, key dates, actions and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Drafting forms, correspondence and other documents.
- Ensuring completion and satisfactory outcome of all relevant procedural checks including conflict checks and client identity verification prior to undertaking substantive work on matters.
- Ensuring delegated tasks and routine administrative duties are completed.
- Assisting senior fee earners with all aspects of residential property sales and purchases.
- Helping to progress matters by maintaining contact with clients, solicitors, mortgage lenders and estate agents.
- Preparing letters and emails, processing administrative aspects of house buying and selling.
- Keeping clients informed by maintaining contact and communicating case progress.
- Ensuring that all client money and cheques are correctly accounted for and promptly banked
- Ensuring accurate time recording of all actions taken.
- Providing accurate and timely updates to the head of Conveyancing as routine and on request.
- Complying at all times with the relevant professional guidelines to include the current edition of the SRA code of conduct, solicitors accounts rules, money laundering regulations and to alert a director, or in the case of money laundering, the Money Laundering Reporting Officer, immediately on awareness or suspicion of a breach or potential breach.
- Making any casework, electronic or physical files available to the any supervising solicitor, head of Conveyancing or director on request.
- Ensuring the accuracy and compliance of all financial transactions put forward for authorisation of payment or receipt.
- Identifying and referring all enquiries or issues outside the designated remit, authority or competence, initial to the solicitor for advice/resolution.
- Alerting the IT co-ordinator to network or system problems.
- Attending any training or development activities as reasonably requested by line manager.
- Assisting with the work of other caseworkers/departments as required.
- Communicating and co-operating with all other relevant personnel/departments as appropriate.
- Other tasks as reasonably requested by the line manager.
Experience and qualifications
- English and Maths skills to at least GCSE or equivalent.
- Experience- previous experience gained in a solicitors or estate agency is essential.
- IT literate.
- Ability to work in independently and as part of a team working towards targets and goals.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]