Civil Litigation Solicitor/Legal Executive
We are currently recruiting for a Civil Litigation Solicitor/Legal Executive for an established Merseyside based firm.
Successful candidate will be responsible for caseload of general litigious matters, whilst advising junior team members of on any issues, and providing technical support to the team as a whole.
A good working knowledge of relevant legislation, procedure and/or case law is essential, or the ability to research the same.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- The successful candidate will be responsible for a caseload of general litigious matters in areas including (but not exclusively):
- Third party outlay recovery, RTA, EL,PL
- Recovery against own client/policyholders for and/or behalf of insurer clients
- General RTA claims (PI/non PI).
- Dealing with queries on files which they may from time to time be asked to advise on, handle and/or progress.
- Prioritising urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list
- Instructing Counsel for advice and to attend conferences and hearings.
- Maintaining pro- active communication with all clients to ensure all heads of claim are discussed with the client at the outset and throughout the claim.
- Utilising a clients preferred methods of communication to keep them advised of the progress of claims
- Reviewing and advising in relation to indemnity matters.
- Progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR, and SLAs in place.
- Assisting with relationship building with commercial clients to enhance the reputation of the firm and the service it provides.
- Ensuring that any insurers and/or other funders are kept updated and fully informed as to the progress of any claims to reduce any potential cost liability.
- Actively and positively promote and represent Carpenters throughout the firm, and to external bodies.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]