ACS are recruiting for an Assistant Solicitor for our clients Residential and Commercial Property departments at their Merseyside based firm.
Successful candidate must be at least 5 years PQE.
Duties will include but not be limited to,
- Providing a quality legal service to those clients with whom the Company does business with;
- Providing appropriate legal advice and guidance to clients on key issues and proffer effective solutions that represent the best interests of the client;
- Progress matters for which responsible in a timely manner;
- Complying in full with the Company’s procedures on File Management, and File Audit as required;
- Ensure full compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures in respect of Risk Assessment; Attending at Court (as required and if applicable) and representing the clients’ best interests at all times;
- Set an example to others as an effective professional.
- Put the interests of the Company before those of the Department in which the Assistant Solicitor operates in;
- Provide a service to clients that maintains the high reputation of the Firm;
- Recognise and react to opportunities for cross selling of services to clients, provided that this is in the best interests of the client;
- Identifying market threats and opportunities and bring these to the attention of the Directors;
- Maintaining effective professional and personal working relationships with all members of immediate team, senior staff and Directors;
- Supporting the Director(s) in the development of the Company’s strategic objectives by contributing to the strategic planning process;
- Prioritise work on a daily basis ensuring that key tasks or requests for urgent work are dealt with in a timely and professional manner;
- The performance of any other duties and tasks as relevant to the role.
Key Tasks and Functions:
- Contribute to the prompt payment of bills, cash flow and profitability of the Company;
- Experienced in budget management, profit forecasting, managing team and/or departmental cash flow;
- Ensure that costs are billed on time at the conclusion of the matter, make use of interim billing as required, male use of obtaining cash-on-account;
- Ensure that accurate time recording is maintained and maximised to maintain and grow profitability;
Quality & Compliance:
- Comply with the Firm’s file management procedures
- Ensure compliance by the Team and its members with all Professional Rules as laid out in the current version of the SRA Handbook and Code of Conduct 2011;
- Comply with the requirements of the AML Regulations and instructions from the Firm’s MLRO.
- Promote quality at all levels of performance and services within the Company;
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s Quality Policy, Systems, Procedures and the Company Manual;
Successful candidates must have the following attributes –
- Personally highly motivated, proven leadership skills,
- Keen business acumen, and knowledge of legal issues within own environment;
- Fully aware of current trends, challenges and opportunities in the Residential and Commercial property market sectors;
- Professionally well qualified both as a Solicitor and a Manager;
- Committed to own self personal and professional development;
- Assertive, Risk taker;
- Client focused and quality driven;
- Proven planning skills and abilities;
- Proven problem solving and opportunist skills.
Successful candidates must have the following qualifications –
- Qualified solicitor holding current Practising Certificate;
- An broad understanding and awareness of legal practice business management practices;
- Member of relevant Law Society’ Panel(s), or other Panel as appropriate or required by the role.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]