We are currently recruiting for a Solicitor for a law firm in Cheshire.
This is an exciting and challenging role for a qualified solicitor with experience of running or assisting in the running of a solicitor’s office as a COLP. Your key duties will be to develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals to ensure a high quality legal service is provided to all APJ clients.
Qualifications / Experience
- Educated to degree level, in Law.
- Must be able to comply with all sections of the SRA Suitability Test 2011, attaining SRA approval to role of COLP
- Must have the ability to work under pressure, as part of a team and be able to drive income targets.
- The ability to assess material breaches
- The ability to assess conflicts of interests
- LPC / BVC qualified essential.
- Relevant experience within a Legal firm in the role of COLP
- Able to promote a culture of compliance
- Good awareness and understanding of DPA and GDPR and the ability to assist the company to comply with their requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to assist in the managing and operation of the firm in a fully regulatory compliant manner in conjunction with the Directors, Consultants, Head of Finance and COFA.
- Instructing Experts/counsel
- Pursuing matters through correspondence and court proceedings
- Negotiating on behalf of clients by telephone and correspondence
- Attending before District Judge or tribunals as required
- Advising clients, orally, in writing and by telephone
- Carrying out appropriate searches and registrations
- Claiming and receiving costs and accounting/reporting to clients
- Any other task relating to legal casework
- Ensure policies and processes are in place to enable the company, its managers and all employees to comply with what the SRA regulatory framework and the Handbook requires of them.
- Interviewing clients, witnesses and then preparing statements
- Drafting documents/pleadings
- To follow Treating Customers Fairly policy on each case, ensuring the best outcome is achieved.
- To comply with and be up to date with all aspects of compliance, Data Protection, GDPR, Anti Money Laundering and financial crime awareness
- Assisting Paralegals with day to day cases
- Assist with the management of risk and compliance in the delivery of the company’s legal services
Knowledge and Skills/Requirements
- Good knowledge of AML regime
- Excellent grasp of the SRA Handbook 2011 and its application
- Able to professionally build good relationships with internal and external people at all different levels
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner
- Able to deal sympathetically and appropriately with clients and to show empathy with them
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask, prioritise and keep calm under pressure
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time to time
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with good organisational skills and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work to deadlines
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]