We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Practice Manager to join a firm of solicitors in Lancashire.
Successful candidate will be expected to run day to day office duties. Such as the following:
• Using a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases;
• Managing filing systems;
• Developing and implementing new administrative systems, such as record management;
• Recording office expenditure and managing the budget;
• Organising the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment;
• Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs;
• Organising and chairing meetings with your staff – in lower paid roles this may include typing the agenda and taking minutes, but senior managers usually have an administrative assistant to do this;
• Overseeing the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction;
• Ensuring adequate staff levels to cover for absences and peaks in workload, often by using temping agencies;
• Carrying out staff appraisals, managing performance and disciplining staff;
• Delegating work to staff and managing their workload and output;
• Promoting staff development and training;
• Implementing and promoting equality and diversity policy;
• Writing reports for senior management and delivering presentations;
• Responding to customer enquiries and complaints;
• Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed;
• Attending conferences and training.
For more information on this role please contact Gabriella on 0151 709 3960 or [email protected].