We are recruiting for a PA for the senior partner of a law firm in Manchester.
Workload will mainly comprise of Commercial Litigation including insolvency based work, professional negligence and construction litigation on a daily basis and debt collection and employment. Also, subject to the senior partner’s caseload from time to time, undertaking Residential and Commercial Property work.
Duties will include,
- Undertaking paralegal work as requested such as drafting Court proceedings
- Disclosure Lists
- Cost Schedules
- Trial bundles and bundles for CMCS
- Statements and Instructions to Counsel.
- Backing Counsel at hearings and attending conferences with clients and Counsel.
- Undertaking highly confidential work (non client related matters)
- Attending internal meetings to take minutes.
- Dealing with personnel issues such as holiday cover, absence cover for support staff.
- Dealing with recruitment of support staff on a temporary and permanent basis to include placing advertisements and conducting interviews.
- Training of junior members of staff.
- Assisting other departments with secretarial duties as needs arise including personal injury, industrial disease, property, corporate and Probate and covering reception duties.
- Due to the size of this firm, substantial experience of working unsupervised in partner’s absence and ensuring deadlines complied with as they arise in Court proceedings.
- All usual duties including audio typing, telephone calls with all necessary parties and other administration duties.
Must have excellent typing skills and be well organised
Must have some Commercial Litigation experience and understanding
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
Acs Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency based in Liverpool that offers a professional service to its clients and candidates nationally. Established in 1983 ACS were Liverpool’s First independent Recruitment agency and has long been a trusted and well respected agency throughout the North West.
Acs’s main focus is the legal profession and we are experts in this field. Currently we hold a strong presence within the legal sector covering Merseyside, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham down to London. We are well known for our high standards and providing quality service to clients and candidates.
We put our success and longevity down to the whole team putting quality and service above all else. Our friendly consultants offer an exceptional legal recruitment service which has resulted in trust, recognition and an excellent reputation.
Our primary goal is to continue to build healthy long standing relationships with candidates and clients. Many of our first client relationships are still in place from our inception, we think is a testament to our success.
Nothing gives us greater pleasure in watching our candidate’s careers flourish and our clients thrive as a result of our hard work.
Acs’s primary goal is to continue building strong and healthy relationships with legal firms and maintain our strong presence nationally.