MOJ RTA Portal Fee Earner
Our client a leading Law Firm in Merseyside is looking for a MOJ Portal Fee Earner with experience of Stage 1,2 and 3 of the Portal.
The successful candidate will join an established team with an excellent reputation, within a firm that specialise in personal injury.
The RTA department is incredibly busy and you’d be entrusted with your own caseload of pre-litigated claims from the off, predominantly MOJ Portal matters at stages 2 and 3.
The ideal candidate
- Understanding and experience of KPIs – settlements, billing, case duration etc.
- Committed organised and dedicated – able to cope with pressure
- The ability to manage own workload whilst keeping quality of work to a high standard.
- Able to handle infant approvals
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- A Proclaim user with a good understanding of the system and good Microsoft skills
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- 24 Months + MOJ Portal experience through stages 1, 2 and 3
- Comfortable handling a full caseload of RTA Portal claims of varying stages to conclusion
- Full understanding of the PI process
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to work within the team and are comfortable assisting more experienced Fee Earners
- To help identify continuous improvement to the operational function with regards to process, commercial and tactical practice
- Support the continuous improvement and ongoing development of an automated, lean and efficient case workflow, under the overarching aim of reducing operational costs and shortening case duration times
- Maintain good professional working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- Adhere to and to promote compliance to the professional Code of Conduct; to the firm’s policies, practices and procedures as set down in the firm’s Office Manual; to legislation applicable to the profession and to any relevant quality standards.
- Through training and other means, to keep fully up to date with relevant legislation and practice.
- To assist in the smooth transition of cases (‘right file, right fee-earner’) in particular by identifying any cases which might be subject to a non-fixed costs regime that could be dealt with in a more profitable area.
- Managing a caseload of RTA Portal claims using an automated, lean and efficient case workflow to achieve the best possible outcome for the client and the firm.
- To adopt a culture of clear, consistent and full data provision within the working environment.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation and information.
- Maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of professional standards and client care.
- To understand and meet stated operational measures for the role (KPI’s).
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]