Litigation Team Leader
Litigation Team Leader wanted for a Cheshire based firm.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To be responsible for the recovery of monies from third party insurers with a view to ensuring that all clients claims are professionally and swiftly dealt with, whilst at all times enhancing business processes and achieving business objectives.
To support your Line Manager with the running of a number of key functions paramount to the success of the Department.
The role of the Senior Recoveries will be pivotal to the success of the Company. The job demands strong organizational, relationship building and negotiation skills together with the ability to motivate train and develop others to achieve business objectives. The position will also require a determination to succeed and the building of strong relationships with Insurers and other team members.
- Ensure swift settlement on the Unpaid cases within your remit.
- Focus on consistently reducing ageing debt
- Audit of BHR to ensure evidence is accurate and reliable.
- Audit cases at specific critical stages of the claim to ensure processes are being followed, whilst providing any feedback to the Handlers.
- Through file audits you must also have the ability to spot handler trends and act upon them.
- Assist in producing Monthly Reports for Senior Management.
- Collating and preparing evidence for the handlers 1-1’s and Balanced Score Cards
- Coaching and Development of the Handlers through their PDP’s to ensure they reach the desired goal / Level.
- Be able to spot Insurer Trends / Tactics to assist our overall Recovery. Escalate where necessary any Insurer issues to the Recoveries Managers.
- To provide ‘Manager Relief’ in the event of Holidays / sickness
- Ensure our collective target’s are attained
- To resource, manage and deploy resources in accordance with the business need
- Constantly initiate and evaluate opportunities to enhance performance across all areas of the recovery operation
- Understand and interpret Management Information that is produced so that development trends are understood and proactive action is taken at every opportunity
- Routinely produce bespoke Management Information plus ad hoc reports as and when requested.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by Management
JOB CHALLENGES & PROBLEM SOLVING
- Managing ever-changing priorities
- Being able to raise standards in an area of different levels of ability
- Developing a culture of ownership and quality
- Having the capability to build a team and thereafter motivating the team to achieve a consistent and quality driven approach
- Always being aware of the ‘bigger picture’ and anticipating situations and potential problems
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Solid accident management and operational experience
- Sound judgment and technical knowledge, together with commercial awareness.
- Experience within Credit Hire and Litigation
- Must be able to manage through others and have excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills.
- The ability to use initiative at all times and make decisions when necessary
- Good working knowledge of motor sector issues
- Be PC literate having a good knowledge of Microsoft
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]