We are currently recruiting for a Law Cost Draftsman for a firm of solicitors in Manchester.
The purpose of the job is to:
• To run and manage a caseload of Costs files, dealing with receiving party work.
• To ensure that all cases are dealt with in compliance with Solicitors’ Accounts Rules and Law Society Practice Management Standards.
• To practice good file management and ensure that cases are handled in accordance with client service standards.
• Ensure all important dates are diarised.
• Keep up to date with all correspondence relating to files.
• Comply with firms practices and procedures.
The role will require the successful candidate to be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience (at least one year plus) of fee earning in a Costs Department, dealing with receiving party work and running their own case load to include but not limited to the following:
a. Challenging opponents’ costs
b. drafting schedules and formal bills
c. Telephone negotiations
d. Drafting and responding to points of dispute
• Excellent communication, organisational and negotiation skills
• The ability to use their initiative, work autonomously and thrive in a highly pressurised, busy and fast-paced environment
• Excellent knowledge of relevant case law and its application.
• The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
• Proven experience in a similar role.
• A good knowledge and understanding of “Costs Master” software
• Have the ability to draft complex bills of costs on a range of PI cases
• The ability to draft complex bills ranging from simple Fast Track to complex Multi-Track cases with numerous parties
• The ability to conduct detailed assessment proceedings and be able to draft part 8 proceedings
• A good knowledge of the CPR (with regards to costs)
• Have a good knowledge of the previously used CFAR and the new regulations and requirements for CFA’s
The salary will be competitive based upon the successful candidate’s level of experience.
For more information on this role, please email [email protected]