Law Cost Draftsman
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Law Costs Draftsperson to join an established team in Liverpool.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and submitting claims for costs for assessment and advising other departments regarding costs issues.
Role will include, but not be limited to,
- Drafting Bills for assessment by the court.
Drafting estimates of costs to accompany Directions Questionnaires and Pre Trial Checklists.
Drafting statements of costs for summary assessment.
Draft Notices of Commencement for service.
Drafting Costs Budgets.
To liaise and advise with fee earners and support staff.
Undertaking other duties reasonably required by directors or senior management.
Successful candidate must have,
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of Cost Draftsman role.
- Experience in drafting bills of costs for Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence cases.
- Able to demonstrate strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written presentation skills.
The following skills will be desirable,
- Drafting points of dispute and replies to points of dispute.
- Previous experience using iDraft.
- Experience drafting Legal Aid bills.
- Costs negotiation.
- Educated to degree standard.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]