Head of Conveyancing & Commercial Property
We are currently looking for a Head of Conveyancing & Commercial Property for a Cheshire based firm.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the dynamic and profitable growth of our current Conveyancing and Commercial Property Team.
We aim to double current income levels within 12 months, and double them again in the following year.
We wish to be the premier high street legal property service within a 15 mile radius.
This vision will require recruitment of a multi-skilled individual who can combine leadership, business development, management, client facing and legal technical skills into one role.
The post holder will be working very closely with company directors a key non fee earning board member on the achievement of this strategy.
Sufficient financial and management investment will be put into our objective to ensure that we succeed.
- Thirst for development of self and team.
- Ambition for progression within the business based on achievement.
- High level Property legal skills are a given.
- Management of the team – strong management skills are key this is a role for a good man manager not a reporter of problems to the board.
- We are looking for an individual who can be accountable and will be rewarded appropriately.
- Strong external business development skills as well as cross selling skills within the firm. A re-launch internally will be required, to maximise cross selling opportunities.
- Development of our case systems for property will be key to our growth. The post-holder must be unreservedly supporting and taking joint ownership of this project with the operations manager.
- Commercial awareness and business acumen
- Imagination and ingenuity
- To manage and develop the Conveyancing and Commercial Property Team to achieve profitable growth.
- Act as legal technical resource on all property legal technical issues within the team.
- Development of IT case systems within the team. Within 2 months of appointment all staff must be using the refined case system. Continual improvement and development of the system to be proactively managed.
- Man management of all staff issues within the team, holidays, sickness, complaints, working issues, appraisals regular 1 to 1’s.
- Ensuring that the team is compliant with all SRA, Firm policies, and any other policy or certification that is approved by the board.
- To ensure the team hit budget year on year.
- To ensure that the team record all of their time.
- Attendance at meetings with board members to answer for the performance of the team. To cascasde all Board and management information in a proactive and resolute manner as required.
- To ensure that team members are trained and develop to meet their potential and job descriptions.
- To ensure that all conveyancing and commercial property matters are undertaken in the most cost effective and profitable manner.
- To provide excellent client care and ensure that all team members are monitored adequately to achieve this aim.
- To assist/lead in some instances, business development and marketing activities, tenders, panel interviews etc as required, and to proactively spot all development opportunities.
Salary for the role is £50k.
For more information on this role please contact [email protected]