We have an excellent opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant to join our clients busy and highly regarded Conveyancing department.
This is a challenging and varied role and the successful candidate will provide a comprehensive and efficient support service to the Fee Earner and assist in the smooth transaction of cases.
It is essential that you have previous experience of working within a high volume environment and a sound and demonstrable knowledge of residential conveyancing (both sale and purchase) as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision whilst delivering a quality service.
- Opening new files
- Carrying out and checking pre-contract and pre-completion searches
- Liaising with clients/estate agents/solicitors/introducers/lenders
- Checking client ID
- Obtaining and checking Land Registry documents
- Drafting and issuing of contract papers
- Dealing with enquiries on sales files
- Obtaining redemption figures
- Reviewing and reporting to client on mortgage offers
- Chasing up and monitoring release of funds
- Exchanging contracts
- Preparation of completion statements/dealing with completions
- Submitting online SDLT
- Accurately recording information onto the case management system
The successful candidate will have an excellent telephone manner and strong communication/organisational skills. A good standard of PC/Keyboard skills (minimum 30 wpm) are essential. As well as being customer focused, candidates must be able to work as part of a team and have the ability to liaise with people throughout all levels of the organisation.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]