Our client is currently recruiting for a Paralegal to work within their Commercial Litigation Department.
• Supporting and assisting the team through preparing and maintaining records.
• Responding to ad hoc requests for information from clients, document preparation and research.
• Contacting the firm’s clients, providing a high level of client service at all times.
• Exercising full compliance with firms protocols on billing and credit control and demonstrating a high level of financial management in respect of own files.
• Contributing to fee-earning and non fee-earning activity as appropriate e.g. knowledge sharing, training, assisting and preparing updates for clients and the team, legal research etc.
• Building an awareness of the Firm’s other services. Building effective internal and external networks.
• Handling confidential information in line with the firms’ data security protocols.
• Graduate in law or law related subject with previous contentious Paralegal experience.
• Experience of working in a target driven commercial environment would be an advantage.
• Excellent commercial awareness and an interest in broader business issues.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Ability to deal confidently and
professionally with clients and colleagues on day to day issues.
• Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and manage tasks within set timeframes.
• Excellent relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and
professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
• An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
• Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
• Excellent IT skills, to include Word and Outlook.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]