Business Development Manager
We are recruiting for an experienced Business Development Manager for an established law firm in London.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Operate as the point of contact for the Marine Business Group (MBG).
- Develop and maintain good relationships with all fee earners within MBG.
- New client development
- Analyse the market, and identify new client development opportunities and promote cross-selling of other services.
- Assist fee earners with maximising generation of leads from existing contacts, intermediaries and other relationships.
- Plan and implement new client relationship programmes that develop the firm’s brand and enhance its reputation in key markets and sectors as agreed with the Head of Marine.
- Business development and marketing planning
- Identify opportunities to grow business with potential and existing clients.
- Be familiar with targets identified within the MBG.
- Support and coordinate the development of clear team business development plans for growth in line with national business development strategies.
- Support fee earners in driving the implementation of team business development plans and manage delivery
- Collaborate with the rest of the marketing and BD team to ensure consistent delivery of services for MBG.
- Plan and implement business development opportunities through networking, sponsorship and partnering with intermediaries.
- Work closely with other team members in sharing best practise and ensuring the overall success of the firm’s business growth.
- Assist with preparation of submissions for legal directories within the relevant deadlines.
- Forecast and track client account metrics.
- Produce regular BD progress reports for the Head of MBG.
- Manage and support partners with the monitoring and delivery of the Marine marketing budget.
- Perform cost benefit analyses on large-scale marketing projects.
- Account management experience.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and meet deadlines, working with a proactive approach under own initiative.
- Business/Marketing qualification, or degree (or equivalent) and evidence of continuing personal, professional development.
- Proven experience with CRM programmes and target plans.
- Excellent and engaging communication skills.
- Flexibility in approach and a willingness to work outside normal office hours, if required.
- Event management skills.
- Experience of working in the legal sector
- Knowledge of the shipping sector, preferably including marine insurance and/or chartering.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]