Associate – Construction
We are currently recruiting for an Associate to join the Construction department of an established firm of solicitors in Liverpool.
The post involves principally non-contentious work with some contentious work for employers and contractors, construction professionals and funders.
Duties will include but not be limited to,
- Client liaison – direct contact developing the relationship
- Drafting and negotiating building contracts
- Due diligence of construction contracts
- Preparing professional appointments and warranties and manage their completion
- Preparing performance bonds and parent company guarantees
- Preparing reports and due diligence
- Managing/assisting with non-contentious files
- Reviewing and reporting on all forms of construction and engineering contracts
- Drafting letters of advice/instructions to clients/experts
- Preparation of documents in proceedings, including claims, witness statements and other documents
- Assist in dispute resolution through litigation, adjudication, mediation
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Law degree or equivalent
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of clients, colleagues and others
- Adheres to guidelines and procedures
- Previous construction experience
- Dispute resolution including adjudication
- Ability to interact and communicate with the client and keep them up to date
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
Acs Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency based in Liverpool that offers a professional service to its clients and candidates nationally. Established in 1983 ACS were Liverpool’s First independent Recruitment agency and has long been a trusted and well respected agency throughout the North West.
Acs’s main focus is the legal profession and we are experts in this field. Currently we hold a strong presence within the legal sector covering Merseyside, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham down to London. We are well known for our high standards and providing quality service to clients and candidates.
We put our success and longevity down to the whole team putting quality and service above all else. Our friendly consultants offer an exceptional legal recruitment service which has resulted in trust, recognition and an excellent reputation.
Our primary goal is to continue to build healthy long standing relationships with candidates and clients. Many of our first client relationships are still in place from our inception, we think is a testament to our success.
Nothing gives us greater pleasure in watching our candidate’s careers flourish and our clients thrive as a result of our hard work.
Acs’s primary goal is to continue building strong and healthy relationships with legal firms and maintain our strong presence nationally.