URL Team Leader
We are recruiting for a ULR Team Leader (Motor & Property) for our clients firm in Cheadle.
Basic Purpose and Function
- To supervise the conduct of pre-& post-issue ULR (Motor and Property Subrogation) claims by members of your team.
- To be responsible for performance delivery by members of your team against targets relating to quality and productivity.
- To conduct a caseload of pre and post-issue ULR (Motor and Property Subrogation) claims.
- To provide technical support to your team members.
- Manage a caseload of both pre-& post-issue ULR (Motor & Property Subrogation) claims (20% of full caseload).
- Deal in the first instance with any client complaints relating to matters conducted within your team.
- Monitor and provide feedback on the training requirements of team members.
- Promote and maintain sound relationships with colleagues throughout the firm.
- Close files as necessary.
- Any other such duties, commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post, as may be required.
- Appropriately review and risk assess all claims within a triage process.
- A technical understanding of all types of motor and property subrogation claims with the ability to determine prospects at an early stage.
- A technical understanding of small claims and fast track claims.
- Draft witness statements on behalf of clients and witnesses and reviewing matters appropriately upon exchange.
- Ensure compliance with all Court Orders throughout the case.
- Arrange instructions to Counsel as necessary.
- Achieve settlement, litigation or such other targets as notified by the firm.
- Comply with all of the firm’s processes and any SLA agreed with a work source.
- Undertake telephone attendances on clients and with other persons as required.
- Update LegalNet as appropriate throughout the case.
- Assist with the vetting of new cases as required.
- Supervise the conduct of cases by file handlers within your team.
- Provide mentoring and seek to continually develop the technical skill and performance of team members.
- Ensure that all relevant evidence is obtained.
- Arrange the instruction of experts or loss adjustors.
- Advise clients and their customers with regards to recovery prospects of their outlay and losses
- Advise the clients and their customers appropriately regarding the making of offers or any offer received and conducting negotiations with the opponent as necessary.
- Conducting ongoing enquiries into liability in appropriate cases.
- Ensure targets and SLA’s applicable to team members are delivered.
- Provide the Head of Legal with such updates or data regarding the performance of your team or progression of cases conducted within the team.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Detailed knowledge of ULR (Motor and Property Subrogation) claims.
- Previous experience of working within an insurance environment.
- Ability to work to targets/deadlines and to supervise others in doing so.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and a good approachable manner.
- Detailed Knowledge of the CPR and protocols relating to small claims and fast track.
- Significant previous experience of conducting litigated ULR (Motor and Property Subrogation) claims.
- Previous experience of supervising and managing file handlers in the conduct of litigated ULR (Motor and Property Subrogation) claims.
- Experience, understanding of and interest in Legal Case Management and workflow systems and the improvement/development thereof.
- Experience in maintain maintaining sound relationships with work providers.
Functional / Technical Skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including experience or aptitude for managing your own caseload.
- Good technical legal knowledge.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good drafting skills.
- Competence and confidence with Legal Case Management Systems (especially task-based).
- Ability to use Microsoft Word/Excel.
- Good attention to detail.
- Fast track litigation experience (issue to trial).
- Small claims litigation experience (issue to trial).
- Ability to work to deadlines and SLA’s
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Minimum typing speed of 30 words per/minute.
- The ability to influence and persuade.
- An interest in the ongoing development of Legal Case Management Systems.
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]