ULR Motor and Property Team File Handler
ACS are recruiting for ULR Motor and Property Team File Handler for our clients firm in Cheadle.
You will be responsible for the conduct of a caseload of pre-issue and litigated motor ULR cases (small clams and fast track).
- Manage a caseload of pre-issue and litigated Motor ULR and Property Subrogation cases (small claims and fast track).
- Submit claims to third party parties and enter in liability and quantum negations.
- Advise Customers and or their Client regarding any counter-proposals, and options relating to settlement, progression litigation where appropriate.
- Instruct Experts or Loss Adjustor in appropriate cases.
- Obtain and review all evidence relating to Customer and their Clients losses
- Review quantum and the prospects of recovery and advise Customers and or their Clients
- Achieve settlement or other targets as notified by the firm.
- Comply with all of the firm’s processes and any SLA agreed with a work source.
- Undertake telephone attendances on clients and with other persons as required.
- Assist with the vetting of new cases as required.
- Collate all relevant information and documentation regarding the Customers and their Clients financial losses.
- Assess liability prospects in all cases accordingly.
- Promote and maintain sound relationships with colleagues throughout the firm.
- Close files as necessary.
- Any other such duties, commensurate with the general level of responsibility of the post, as may be required.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of the conduct a case load of pre-issue and litigated Motor ULR and Property Subrogation cases including impact, fire, flood, product defect, and escape of water.
- Good understanding of the legislation and protocols relating to Motor ULR and Property Subrogation
- Understanding liability and the ability to assess prospects at an early stage.
- Ability to continually review and assess prospects of success as evidence is received.
- Relevant up to date legal knowledge.
- Experience running own caseload (self-supporting) and working to deadlines.
- Previous employment at a recognised quality firm or insurers.
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced environment.
Functional / Technical Skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including experience or aptitude for managing your own caseload
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and incentives
- Good analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and SLA’s
- Attention to detail and accuracy of data-entry
- Ability to use Microsoft Word/Excel
- Good technical legal knowledge
- Minimum typing speed of 30 words per/minute
- Competence and confidence with Legal Case Management Systems (especially task-based )
- An interest in the ongoing development of Legal Case Management Systems
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
Acs Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency based in Liverpool that offers a professional service to its clients and candidates nationally. Established in 1983 ACS were Liverpool’s First independent Recruitment agency and has long been a trusted and well respected agency throughout the North West.
Acs’s main focus is the legal profession and we are experts in this field. Currently we hold a strong presence within the legal sector covering Merseyside, Manchester, Sheffield, Birmingham down to London. We are well known for our high standards and providing quality service to clients and candidates.
We put our success and longevity down to the whole team putting quality and service above all else. Our friendly consultants offer an exceptional legal recruitment service which has resulted in trust, recognition and an excellent reputation.
Our primary goal is to continue to build healthy long standing relationships with candidates and clients. Many of our first client relationships are still in place from our inception, we think is a testament to our success.
Nothing gives us greater pleasure in watching our candidate’s careers flourish and our clients thrive as a result of our hard work.
Acs’s primary goal is to continue building strong and healthy relationships with legal firms and maintain our strong presence nationally.