We are currently seeking to recruit a RTA Solicitors for our client in Lancashire.
Duties will include:
• To effectively assist in managing teams of lawyers and any assigned support staff
• To achieve excellent client service for all clients
• To train, coach and mentor the team managers/members as required
• To manage and (where possible) eliminate risk to the business
• To effectively handle a case load commensurate with achieving the above objectives
• To action all file handling responsibilities in an efficient and effective manner
• Claims vetting and qualification as to : Limitation; Liability; Causation and Quantum
• See all inbound post, faxes and court post to the team managers in the absence of a Partner
• Ensure Partner supervision occurs on any case where: a Part 36 offer is to be rejected after the issue of proceedings; liability trial; general damages may exceed £5,000.00; applications/fraud allegations/cases, which may have cost implications. This is not an exhaustive list and any case where a risk to the Firm or its reputation arises should be reported to a Partner at once.
• Ensure effective cover for hearings.
• Ensure Firm’s procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Assist in ensuring that the Fee Earners follow all relevant statutory and professional regulations.
• Ensure that the Firm’s risk management processes are followed, including (without restriction) limitation procedures.
• Carry out file reviews and audits with Fee Earners when assessing any case, especially (but not limited to) limitation and issue of proceedings when files are referred or assistance is sought.
• Generally supervise the day to day work load of the Firm.
• Supervise and coordinate absence within the team in conjunction with HR
• Assist with file queries on a day to day basis
• Hold Legal Clinics to assist with file problems as required
• Address misconduct/poor performance swiftly, involving HR on all matters
• To support and teach Fee Earners elements of PI and Litigation as and when required
• Provide legal analysis and guidance to Fee Earners when required
• Deal with problem post and telephone calls
• Provide/arrange training via HR for Fee Earners as required
• Maintain relations with referrers
• To assume full responsibility for Paralegals in terms of training, development, efficiency and output
• To attend Management Meetings and produce relevant reports as and when required
• Effectively manage own case load
• Investigate limitation, liability, causation and assess quantum
• Advise clients and take initial instructions from them
• Draft court documents where appropriate
• To dictate as required, non-standard documents
• To use the Firm’s computer package effectively
• Evidence gathering and negotiation work
• Court proceedings/compliance with pre-issue protocols
• Comply with office procedures
• Issue proceedings and meet all deadlines accordingly
• Ensure all incoming calls are responded to within 24 hours
• Any other duties that may be required by the Firm from time to time
Qualifications/skills required to perform role
• Excellent organisational and planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective and organised administrator
• Computer literate, some typing ability
• Positive committed approach
• Approachable by staff
• Ability to work as part of the management team
• Supervisory experience/training/case management experience
• Ability to communicate effectively with team managers/fee earners and all staff
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]