Solicitor – Fee Earner
We are recruiting for a Solicitor/Fee Earner to work on Orthopaedic Injuries in their office on Merseyside.
Duties will include, but not be limited to,
- Deal with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated personal injury claims mainly of an Orthopaedic and/or technical nature.
- Be able to obtain relevant and necessary evidence (medical or otherwise), liaising with medical experts as necessary
- Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s, JSMs etc, when necessary
- Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMCs.
- Take a pragmatic commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks
- Deal with claims whether soft tissue or Orthopaedic in nature, whether they be portal, fast track or multi track but with the intention of maximising damages for the client, by considering and pursuing all relevant heads of loss.
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR
- Have a good understanding of experience in handling RTA claims
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay and/or insurance clients
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from clients
- Prioritise Court directions ensuring all directions are complied with in a timely manner
- Achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to WIP, fee income, settlements, closures and issuing
- Build a rapport by speaking/meeting with clients when possible to ensure a consistency of service and to ensure insurers loyalty to the Firm
- Check the authenticity and validity of claims by speaking with clients regularly on potentially difficult files
- Maintain pro- active communication with clients to ensure all heads of claim are discussed with the client at the outset and throughout the claim.
- Obtain all relevant documentation from clients at the outset.
- Discuss liability and/or quantum offers with the relevant parties, making use of the telephone rather than letter whenever possible.
- Ensure clients are kept informed and up to date on a regular basis throughout the life of the claim.
- Assist new or less experienced members of the team with any issues in terms of clients, referrers, external agencies and procedure etc.
- Liaise with Multi Track Team Manager or Head of Technical to take more contentious files and deal with them under supervision to expand knowledge and experience.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required:
- A Solicitor, ILEX qualified or file handler of at least 3-5 years’ experience in the personal injury field
- A proven track record of running a successful portal, fast and/or multi-track caseload within a personal injury environment
- Excellent client care and analytical skills, to include providing written and oral advice in a clear concise manner
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]
We can appreciate how stressful and difficult it is to find a vacancy, but you can be sure that our consultants are doing the best to find the right vacancy for you. We try to help all levels of staff and strive to find your perfect role, temporary or permanent. With our experience and our relationships already in place with Clients already in place, we can find your next appointment.
Ideally we would like to meet you in person to understand and build a relationship with you, as we know that there is more than just matching your CV with the vacancy. We can learn and understand what you want, like or dislike and need in a vacancy.
Our consultants believe quality and service form the foundation of your success. We have skilled consultants able to assist you with advice on what to expect in your interview.