Serious Injury Solicitor/Fee Earner
Our client is recruiting for a Serious Injury Solicitor/Fee Earner for their Wirral based office.
Duties will include
- Deal with all aspects of litigated and non – litigated personal injury claims mainly of a high (serious injury/ multi track) value and/or technical nature
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from any relevant lay and/or insurance clients
- Ensure any appropriate instructions are obtained from clients
- Prioritise urgent schedule entries and dealing with remainder of daily tasks on To Do list
- Prioritise Court directions ensuring all directions are complied with in a timely manner
- Achieve and exceed various targets set in relation to WIP, fee income, settlements, closures and issuing
- Be able to obtain relevant and necessary evidence (medical or otherwise), liaising with medical experts as necessary
- Instruct Counsel, to attend conferences, hearings and CMC’s, JSMs etc.
- Undertake telephone advocacy when appropriate e.g. allocation hearings and CMCs.
- Ensure clients are kept informed and up to date on a regular basis throughout the life of the claim.
- Ensure that any relevant insurer is kept updated and fully informed as to the progress of any claims to reduce any potential exposure/liability and to increase saving
- Obtain all relevant documentation from clients at the outset.
- Ensure that the correct medical or other evidence is obtained in order that the claim can be advanced and/or maximised.
- Discuss liability and/or quantum offers with the relevant parties, making use of the telephone rather than letter whenever possible.
- Prioritise incoming daily post/emails and dealing with anything needing urgent attention while the remainder of the post is dealt with expeditiously and in order of importance and productivity
- Have a good working knowledge of the CPR and/or and other relevant case law and/or legislation and progressing claims in a timely manner in accordance with the CPR
- Have a good understanding of experience in handling SI claims
- Take a pragmatic commercial approach to settlements and advising clients as to litigation/cost risks
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required,
- A Solicitor, ILEX qualified or file handler of at least 5 years’ experience in the personal injury field
- A proven track record of running a successful fast , multi-track and/or SI caseload within a personal injury environment
- Excellent client care and analytical skills, to include providing written and oral advice in a clear concise manner
For more information on this role, please contact [email protected]